Founded in 1921, Xiamen University is one of China’s premier universities as designated by National Ministry of Education (MOE) under the government’s “211 Project” and “985 Project”. Encompassing a diverse range of academic and professional disciplines, endowed with a rigorous and highly accomplished faculty, and sustained by a long history as a leading institution for scholarship and research, Xiamen University is ideal for professional development and academic research. Nestled between the green hills and blue waters of Southern China’s Fujian Province, Xiamen University campuses are widely recognized as one of the most beautiful and inviting campuses in China.
Endorsed by MOE, the Key Laboratory of Coastal and Wetland Ecosystems (Xiamen University) (WEL) was established in November 2011. It is founded on decades of research in mangrove and coastal wetland ecology at Xiamen University. WEL is dedicated to interdisciplinary cutting-edge research on coastal and wetland ecosystems under the impact of global climate change, with a particular focus on the structure, function, and restoration of coastal wetland ecosystems in the tropical and subtropical regions.At present, there are 46 scientists, including one Member of Chinese Academy of Science and 30 professors.
We are now recruiting the Director of the Key Laboratory of Coastal and Wetland Ecosystems.
1. The Director should take full charge of development and management of WEL, formulate development strategies of WEL, and build the lab into a national research platform.
2. The Director should recruit top talents, build a world-class research team.
3. The Director shall undertake key national scientific research projects, and obtain a number of influential research achievements.
4. The Director is also expected to strengthen international exchanges and communications with peers, and make great efforts to develop the lab into a Joint International Research Laboratory.
1. Applicants should be established scholars with peer recognition in the fields of wetland ecology, ecological system, global climate change and etc.
2. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree and a professorship (or a tenured associate professorship at a top-tier university).
3. Applicants should be in good health, and usually younger than 45 years of age (exception may be given to outstanding candidates).
4. Applicants should have the ability to expand the cooperation and communication with domestics and international research institutes.
5. Applicants should possess good interpersonal skills, professional ethics and team spirit, and have innovative ideas for the development of the lab.
Salaries and Benefits
1. The successful candidate will sign a contract of around 5 years with the University.
2. The University will provide competitive salary and benefits (negotiable).
3. The University will support the successful candidate to apply for research funding and talent programs of all levels.
1. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants who submit application before July 31, 2016 will be included into the first run of selection.
2. Candidates will be selected on merit through several steps including application review, interview, faculty committee discussion and health check, etc.
How to Apply
1. Applicants are invited to submit CV to email@example.com. The “subject line” of your email must include: your name and “WEL director application”.
2. After CV review, the College will inform those who meet the basic requirements to send a completed application packets to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) A list of your professional achievements(including publication for papers, monographs, book chapters, patents, and any relevant awards, etc.) within the recent 5 years and a copy of 5 representative accomplishments.
2) Work plans and goals regarding the position you’re applying for.
3) A copy of your degree certificate/graduation diploma, passport and the statement of current position.
4) A list of three academic/professional peers for reference (reference letters must be in PDF format and sent directly to email@example.com).
For questions related to the position, initial inquiry and application please contact Ms. Xinli Wang (Tel: 086-592-2186338, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional information for WEL and the College of the Environment and Ecology Xiamen University is available at the following websites: