PhD, Institute Of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (1997)
Post-Doctoral Scholar，Xiamen University (1998-2000)
Professor, Xiamen University (1999--)
Visiting Professor，Exeter University，UK（2004）
Visiting Professor，Imperial College London，UK（2007）
Our major research focus on the biogeochemical process of heavy metals and organic pollutants (POPs) in wetland ecosystem（water/sediment/plant）. We have made some progress in distribution of heavy metals and the relationship between them and plants, environmental conditions and chemical-physical properties in estuary sediments, speciation distribution of heavy metal in the mangrove sediment，the influence of mangrove roots on bio-availability of heavy metals.
We also probe into the concentration, temporal and special distribution pattern, bioaccumulation and its environmental effects of typical organic pollutants (PCBs, PAHs) in mangrove swamp ecosystem by theory, research methods and approaches in biogeochemistry, ecology and environmental biology. We plan to research the variations transformation, transfer-exchange rule of POPs in the multi-medium interface from different ecological levels, clarify the biogeochemical process, the absorbing, accumulation, transform, excluding mechanism of POPs by mangrove biology (especially the rhizosphere of mangrove plant) and their affecting mechanism on sediment and biology.
Using the Organic compounds(biomarkers) as a useful way to develop proxy records for past climate, track the organic matter sources preserved in marine sediments , and assess environmental quality. The mangrove forest is the typical tropic and sub-tropic coastal community. Some of them grow in the estuary, where is the environment affected by intensively humanity activities. While the biomarkers in mangrove ecosystem are the logical target of many investigations, higher plant and other terrestrial biomarkers are also common in it. And the biomarkers from the mangrove ecosystem can carry lots of environmental information, which can be used to develop records of terrestrial vegetation seasonal variety; the climate changes in the local area, even the affection form the pollutions. In other hand, the samples of mangrove tissue (such as leaf, root, shoot and fruit) and sediment, that will be tested by stable isotopic analysis. According to the stable isotopic fractionations, we can confirm what kind of biomarkers can be the effectively indicator to environmental information.
1. Hualong Hong, Junwei Li, Qiang Wang, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu, Yun-wei Dong, Jie Zhang, Jian Lia, Mark A. Williams, Bangqin Huang@, Chongling Yan@The Legacy of Trace Metal Deposition from Historical Anthropogenic River Management: A Regional Driver of Offshore Sedimentary Microbial Diversity 《Journal of Hazardous Materials》, 400 (2020) 123164
2. Qiang Wang, Haoliang Lu, Jingyan Chen, Yongcan Jiang, Mark A. Williams, Shengjie Wu, Junwei Li,Jingchun Liu, Guangsong Yang, Chongling Yan@.Interactions of soil metals with glomalin-related soil protein as soilpollution bioindicators in mangrove wetland ecosystems《Science of the Total Environment》 709 (2020) 136051
3. Yongcan Jiang, Haoliang Lu, Yazhi Wang, Hualong Hong, Qiang Wang, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Uptake, biotransformation and physiological response of TBBPA inmangrove plants after hydroponics exposure《Marine Pollution Bulletin》.151 (2020) 110832
4. Qiang Wang, Hualong Hong, Dan Yang, Junwei Li, Shan Chen, Chenglang Pan,Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu@, Chongling Yan@, Health risk assessment of heavy metal and its mitigation by glomalinrelated soil protein in sediments along the South China coast《Environmental Pollution》, 263 (2020) 114565
5. Hui Jia, Jian Li, Yi Li, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu. Chongling Yan@,Green remediation of PAH contaminated sediment with mangrove plant and its derived biochars 《Journal of Environmental Management》268 (2020) 110410
6. Yang Dan, Liu Jingchun@, Zhao Weiwei, Huang Q. Xue Liyang,Chongling Yan@, Lu Haoliang. Iron speciation and phases of sediment iron–bearing minerals in mangrove forest: The case of Zhangjiang estuary, China. 《Marine Pollution Bulletin》. 2020, 151: 110800
7. Dan Yang, Jingchun Liu@, Weiwei Zhao, Qi Huang, Liyang Xue, Chongling Yan@,Haoliang Lu. Occurrence and characteristics of iron-bearing minerals in the surface road dust, a case study in coastal areas of southern Fujian, China《Journal of Soils and Sediments》(2020) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11368-020-02667-3
8. Shan Chen, Ruiyu Lin, Haoliang Lu, Qiang Wang, Jinjin Yang, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Effects of phenolic acids on free radical scavenging and heavy metal bioavailability in kandelia obovata under cadmium and zinc stress《Chemosphere》, 249 (2020) 126341
9. Wang Qiang, Chen Jingyan, Chen Shan, Qian Lu, Yuan Bo, Tian Yuan, Wang Yazhi, Liu Jingchun, Chongling Yan@, Lu Haoliang@. Terrestrial-derived soil protein in coastal water: Metal sequestration mechanism and ecological function. 《Journal of Hazardous Materials》, 386 (2020) 121655
10. Pan Chenglang, Lu Haoliang@, Liu Jingchun, Yu Junyi, Wang Qiang, Li Junwei, Yang Jinjin, Hong Hualong, Chongling Yan@. SODs involved in the hormone mediated regulation of H2O2 content in Kandelia obovata root tissues under cadmium stress. 《Environmental Pollution》, 256 (2020) 113272
11. Jiang Yongcan, Lu Haoliang, Xia Kang, Wang Qiang, Yang Jinjin, Hong Hualong, Liu Jingchun, Chongling Yan@.Effect of mangrove species on removal of tetrabromobisphenol A from contaminated sediments. 《Chemosphere》, 2020, 125385
12. Yang Dan, Wang Meina, Lu Haoliang, Ding Zhenhua, Liu Jingchun@, Chongling Yan@. Magnetic properties and correlation with heavy metals in mangrove sediments, the case study on the coast of Fujian, China. 《Marine Pollution Bulletin》2019, 146, 865–873
13. Dan Yang, Jingchun Liu, Qiang Wang, Hualong Hong, Weiwei Zhao, Shan Chen, Chongling Yan@, Haoliang Lu. Geochemical and probabilistic human health risk of chromium in mangrove sediments A case study in Fujian, China 《Chemosphere》233 (2019) 503-511
14. Chenglang Pan, Haoliang Lu, Jinfeng Yu, Jingchun Liu, Yumei Liu, Chongling Yan@. Identification of Cadmium-responsive Kandelia obovata SOD family genesand response to Cd toxicity 《Environmental and Experimental Botany》162 (2019) 230–238
15. Jian Lia, Junyi Yub, Daolin Dua, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu, Chongling Yan@.Analysis of anatomical changes and cadmium distribution in Aegicerascorniculatum (L.) Blanco roots under cadmium stress《Marine Pollution Bulletin》149 (2019) 110536
16. Qiang Wang, Degang Mei, Jingyan Chen, Yushan Lin, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu@,Chongling Yan@. Sequestration of heavy metal by glomalin- related soil protein: Implication for water quality improvement in mangrove wetlands《Water Research》14 8 (2019) 142-152
17. Shan Chen, Qiang Wang, Haoliang Lu, Junwei Li, Dan Yang, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Phenolic metabolism and related heavy metal tolerance mechanism in Kandelia Obovata under Cd and Zn stress 《Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety》169（2019）134-143
18. Shan Jiang, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu Chongling Yan@. Short-term influence of nutrient availability on the uptake and translocation of phenanthrene in mangrove seedlings 《Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry》2018（100,3） 334–347
19. Qiang Wang, Junwei Li, Jingyan Chen, Hualong Hong, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu, Dong yunwei Chongling Yan@. 2018. Glomalin-related soil protein deposition and carbon sequestration in the Old Yellow River delta《Science of the Total Environment》 625. 619–626
20. Hualong Hong, Minyue Dai, Haoliang Lua, Jingchun Liu, Jie Zhang, Chaoqi Chen, Kang Xia@, Chongling Yan@. 2018. Artificial topography changes the growth strategy of Spartina alterniflora《Scientific Reports》7: 15768 | DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-16122-w
21. Shan Jiang, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu, Yushan Lin, Minyue Dai, Chongling Yan@. Influence of seasonal variation and anthropogenic activity on phosphorus circulation and retention in mangrove sediments: A case study in China.《Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science》202，134-144
22. Hualong Hong, Minyue Dai, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu, Jie Zhang,Chongling Yan@, 2018. Risk assessment and driving factors for Artificial Topography on Element Heterogeneity: case study at Jiangsu, China. 《Environmental Pollution》233: 246-260
23. Jian Li, Junyi Yu, Chongling Yan@, Daolin Dua@, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu. 2018. Distribution correlations of cadmium to calcium, phosphorus, sodium and chloridion in mangrove Aegiceras corniculatum root tissues. 《Marine Pollution Bulletin》126: 179-183
24. Hui Jia, Deyi Hou, Minyue Dai, Haoliang Lu, Chongling Yan@.2018. Effect of root exudates on the mobility of pyrene in mangrove sediment-water system.《Catena》162（2018）396-401
25. Minyue Dai, Wenwen Liu, Hualong Hong, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu, Hui Jia, Chongling Yan@. 2018. Exogenous phosphorus enhances cadmium tolerance by affecting cell wall polysaccharides in two mangrove seedlings Avicennia marina (Forsk.) Vierh and Kandelia obovata (S., L.) Yong differing in cadmium accumulation.《Marine Pollution Bulletin》 119: 262-269.
26. Jian Li, Zhiwei Du, Chris B. Zou, Zhicong Dai, Daolin Dua@, Chongling Yan@, 2018. The mutual restraint effect between the expansion of Alternanthera philoxeroides (Mart.) Griseb and cadmium mobility in aquatic environment. 《Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety》 237-243.
27. Qiang Wang, Haoliang Lu, Jingyan Chen, Hualong Hong, Jingchun Liu, Junwei Li, Chongling Yan@. 2018. Spatial distribution of glomalin-related soil protein and its relationship with sediment carbon sequestration across a mangrove forest.《Science of the Total Environment》 613–614: 548-556
28. Shan Jiang, Bosen Weng,, Tao Liu, Yan Su, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu, Chongling Yan@,2017. Response of phenolic metabolism to cadmium and phenanthrene and its influence on pollutant translocations in the mangrove plant Aegiceras corniculatum (L.) Blanco (Ac). 《Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety》 141: 290-297.
29. Shan Jiang, Yan Su, Haoliang Lu, Hui Jia, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@.Influence of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on nitrate reduction capability in mangrove sediments. . 《Marine Pollution Bulletin》 2017, 122: 366-375.
30. Jicheng Zhang, Jinfeng Yu, Hualong Hong, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu, Chongling Yan@. 2017. Identification of heavy metal pollutant tolerance-associated genes in Avicennia marina (Forsk.) by suppression subtractive hybridization.《Marine Pollution Bulletin》119: 81-91.
31. Jian Li, Junyi Yu, Jingchun Liu@, Chongling Yan@, Haoliang Lu, and L. Spencer Kate. 2017. The Effects of Sulfur Amendments on the Geochemistry of Sulfur, Phosphorus and Iron in the Mangrove Plant (Kandelia Obovata (S. L.)) Rhizosphere.《Marine Pollution Bulletin》 114: 733-741.
32. Minyue Dai, Haoliang Lu, Wenwen Liu, Hui Jia, Hualong Hong, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Phosphorus effects on radial oxygen loss, root porosity and iron plaque in two mangrove seedlings under cadmium stress《Marine Pollution Bulletin》, 2017, 119 (1): 262-269.
33. Minyue Dai, Haoliang Lu, Wenwen Liu, Hui Jia, Hualong Hong, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@.Phosphorus mediation of cadmium stress in two mangrove seedlings Avicennia marina and Kandelia obovata differing in cadmium accumulation. 《Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety》, 2017, 139: 272-279.
34. Li Jian, Chongling Yan@, Du Daolin@, Lu Haoliang, Liu Jingchun. Accumulation and speciation of Cd in Avicennia marina tissues.《International Journal of Phytoremediation》,2017 19 (11): 1000-1006.
35. Shan Jiang, Feng Xie, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@, 2017. Response of low-molecular-weight organic acids in mangrove root exudates to exposure of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. 《Environmental Science and Pollution Research》41 (13): 12484-12493..
36. Hui Jia, He Wang, Haoliang Lu, Shan Jiang, Minyue Dai, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Rhizodegradation potential and tolerance of Avicennia marina (Forsk.) Vierh in phenanthrene and pyrene contaminated sediments.《Marine Pollution Bulletin》, 2016, 110: 112–118.
37. Hui Jia，Haoliang Lu，Jingchun Liu，Jian Li，Minyue Dai，Chongling Yan@. Effects of root exudates on the leachability, distribution, and bioavailability of phenanthrene and pyrene from mangrove sediments.《Environmental Science and Pollution Research》, 2016, 23 (6): 5566–5576.
38. Hui Jia, Haoliang Lu, Minyue Dai, Hualong Hong, Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Effect of root exudates on sorption, desorption and transport of phenanthrene in mangrove, sediments.《Marine Pollution Bulletin》, 2016, 109(1): 171–177.
39. Shan Jiang, Haoliang Lu, qiongZhang, JingChun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Effect of enhanced reactive nitrogen availability on plant-sediment mediated degradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in contaminated mangrove sediment.《Marine Pollution Bulletin》, 2016, 103: 151-158.
40. Shan Jiang, Jing Huang, Haoliang Lu, JingChun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Optimisation for assay of fluorescein diacetate hydrolytic activity as a sensitive tool to evaluate impacts of pollutants and nutrients on microbial activity in coastal sediments. 《Marine Pollution Bulletin》, 2016, 110: 424–431.
41. Jian Li, Jingchun Liu@, Yushan Lin, Chongling Yan@,Haoliang Lu. 2016. Fraction distribution and migration of heavy metals in mangrove-sediment system under sulphur and phosphorus amendment.《Journal Chemistry and Ecology》 32: 34-48.
42. Jian Li, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu, Hui Jia, Junyi Yu, Hualong Hong, Chongling Yan@. Influence of the phenols on the biogeochemical behavior of cadmium in the mangrove sediment.《Chemosphere》, 2016, 144: 2206–2213.
43. Qiong Zhang ,Jingchun Liu,Haoliang Lu a,Suzheng Zhao,Wenyun Wang,Jingna Du, Chongling Yan@.Effects of silicon on growth, root anatomy, radial oxygen loss (ROL) and Fe/Mn plaque of Aegiceras corniculatum (L.) Blanco seedlings exposed to cadmium《Environmental Nanotechnology,Monitoring & Management》, 2015, 4: 6–11.
44. GuiRong Wu, HuaLong Hong and Chongling Yan@. Arsenic Accumulation and Translocation in Mangrove (Aegiceras corniculatum L.) Grown in Arsenic Contaminated Soils. 《International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health》2015, 12, 7244-7253
45. Guirong Wu , Haoliang Lu , Jingchun Liu, Chongling Yan@. Effects of sulfur on arsenic accumulation in seedlings of the mangrove Aegiceras conrniculatum.《Australian Journal of Botany》2015, 63(8): 664-668
46. Jian Li, Haoliang Lu, Jingchun Liu, Hualong Hong, Chongling Yan@. The inﬂuence of ﬂavonoid amendment on the absorption of cadmium in Avicennia marina roots. 《Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety》, 2015, 120: 1-6
47. Jingna Du, Jingchun Liu, Haoliang Lu,Dennis Hansell, Qiong Zhang, Wenyun Wang & Chongling Yan@. Effect of external phosphate addition on solid-phase iron distribution and iron accumulation in Mangrove Kandelia obovata (S. L.).《Environmental Science and Pollution Research》2015, 22: 13506–13513
国家自然科学基金面上项目：《 球囊霉素在红树林湿地生态系统中的碳汇功能和示踪效应 》（31870483）2019.01—2022.12